View Single Post
      12-07-2018, 07:25 AM   #26
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Yes, the valve behavior is different with the LCI, it's practically always open. Definitely is open every time your start your vehicle, regardless if the engine is already warn, unlike the pre-LCI. Not just the M2, all BMWs..

You have to keep the device plugged in for ASD and valve control to retain. The car forgets the settings and goes back to default when unplugged and off. I understand you're skeptical of my claim, so once again I suggest your contact Bimmerlink to verify this.

If you want ASD to be permanently off, you need to change the parameters with Bimmercode. That's the only way it memorizes your settings.

You can't permanently change the exhaust valve behavior by coding. You need a flash tune for that..
Well don't I feel like the village idiot!. Had to go pick the wife up so I connected the Bimmerlink app, driving in sport+ I toggled between ASD on & off and discovered I've been unknowingly driving with it on. ASD doesn't seem to be as loud as when I first got the car though now I'm hesitant to rely on my memory With the windows down ASD made little difference, in my defence I didn't have the Fabspeed sportcat a year ago when I compared ASD on & off. I'll code it off with bimmercode.

Also thanks for the link to the thread re pulling the exhaust flap fuse, have now done that also.
Appreciate 1
Poochie9104.50