Garage List
2018 M2  [8.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by David.m View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
If you have a LCI vehicle, the valve behavior is different than before.. It now has that loud "Cold Start Rumble" every single time the vehicle is started and not just when the motor/cat is cold..
So the valve is always open, except when you're coasting in Comfort or Eco Mode.. BMW also drastically quiet down ASD, so now people could barely distinguish if its on/off now..

Andrew is correct, the valve control only actively suppresses the sound only when plugged into the OBD port, in real time..

After you disconnect it, it goes back to factory mapping, whatever they might be for your vehicle.. Bimmerlink engineers already confirmed this.

Email them from the APP and they'll reiterate it..
You're saying the (LCI) exhaust valve is only closed when driving in comfort? Otherwise always open at start up, idling (every mode) and driving Sport/Sport+. If thats the case any controller to open the valve would really be of no value.

Re ASD, yes in comfort there isn't much difference but in Sport+ ASD is loud & intrusive when you put the engine under load, there's no mistaking ASD being on or off. Muting ASD via Bimmerlink is definitely saved without having to re-connect the app on start-up.
Yes, the valve behavior is different with the LCI, it's practically always open. Definitely is open every time your start your vehicle, regardless if the engine is already warn, unlike the pre-LCI. Not just the M2, all BMWs..

You have to keep the device plugged in for ASD and valve control to retain. The car forgets the settings and goes back to default when unplugged and off. I understand you're skeptical of my claim, so once again I suggest your contact Bimmerlink to verify this.

If you want ASD to be permanently off, you need to change the parameters with Bimmercode. That's the only way it memorizes your settings.

You can't permanently change the exhaust valve behavior by coding. You need a flash tune for that..
I would think you can up-plug the plug of the value itself while in the open position and it would remain open.