Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabozo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2ME2 View Post
I've had my car parked for 3 months now, drove it twice in that period and had no issues. Car is not hooked up to a battery tender and all is fine.
All is not fine. You will find that your battery needs replacing much sooner because of this.
Shhh.. don't tell that to the 5 year old battery in my 1M that started up fine few weeks ago after being in the garage for about 2.5 months without moving since October.

While I DO use a battery tender from time to time .. this winter has been really mild in TX.

I've let my car go as many as 90 days or more.
I have sometimes gotten a low battery light after doing this and then on the first drive if I go driving the car a short distance with the stereo " bumping " and then stop the low battery warning comes on. An extended drive with stereo off as well as pushing the START button TWICE when exiting ( or locking the vehicle if you prefer ) generally helps preserve the battery better.

Dabozo perhaps you should try these steps.
That's what ultimately fixed my issue..a long drive. Prior to doing so I had only driven for short periods of time.

I've also coded the car to shut everything down the moment I open the door. No more need to double press the start/stop button.

excellent!

Don't worry. Your battery should be fine for years.

FYI to all..

The stereo has multiple amplifiers and subwoofers under the seats. Using the stereo at high volume on short drives will cause the battery to not be able to charge or do so slowly.
Multiple short drives and leaving the car awake will cause the battery to get (temporarily) weak quickly because it hasn't recharged.

There was a fellow on the 1M list that was using his car to provide music while he worked in his garage. He kept having issues with the low battery light coming on for weeks and refused to acknowledge how much current the stereo uses. After weeks of complaining and going to the dealer and them charging the battery and saying all was fine he couldn't resolve the issue. When I chided him for using his car like a jam box or a stereo he reacted saying that he's always been able to play a car with stereo off for an hour at a time.

Once the battery gets LOW enough .. it will begin shutting off systems that normally stay on after you exit. The Bluetooth will shut off quicker. The radio will lose the subs ( bass ) and then will shut off sooner. Comfort access will stop working. Eventually even The remote fob will not work to unlock the doors.

After weeks of issues as above it turned out that the stubborn 1M guy found that he wasn't charging the car enough on his short commute to work.

Leaving the car " awake " when stopping .. leaves a ton of things on .. Bluetooth radio.. fuel pump stays primed .. the radio stays on.. the iPad on the dash stays lit along with the stereo ... .... the accessory ports are still active and charging ... the corona rings in the headlamps and the taillights stay on until you open a door .. the comfort access system is still sensing ... all for about 15 minutes after you exit the car...

Coding or using full locking /start button twice really preserves a TON of juice.
Appreciate 1
Dabozo624.50