View Single Post
      09-29-2014, 10:33 AM   #207
chuckthis
Toomany///Ms
Rep
Drives: 1M & M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
I think recently, the competition in the M3/4 category has gotten really really strong. When you pick any of those cars, whether MB or Audi (not so much Lexus IMHO), you are getting some pretty amazing cars. For me personally though, if it can't be had with a manual, I'm not interested, so that rules out of a lot of cars.

The next big segment is going to be the 2er, CLA and RS3. BMW has a HUGE advantage here (that it doesn't have in the other segment). It's the only one RWD, will most likely be one of the lighter cars and best of all, is available in MT which the others usually are not.

As Jeremy Clarkson said: Straight six in the front, manual gearbox in the middle and drive going to the rear. Page 1, chapter 1 of the petrosexual handbook.

For me, I won't be looking anywhere else but at BMW for this segment
I love that episode. It's the first one I showed to both my kiddos

I'm going to hoon the new M3 this week. I have no doubts I will like it but will most likely hold onto my E90 for a couple more years and add to the collection with the M2. Audis and the Mercs just don't interest me the same way. I lived in Stuttgart for five years, maybe I have grown bored with them being on every corner. And I can't help but look for the similarities between a VW and Audi when they platform and parts share :P

Previous: Many E46 M3s, a few E9x M3s, '15 F82 M4, '16 F80 M3, F87 M2
Appreciate 0