View Single Post
      06-12-2021, 10:06 AM   #27
Fedorov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G20

Garage List
I installed the do88 IC today together with my friend who has loads of experience while having been a teacher at a mechanic school for most of his working life. I have like very close to zero skills and experience in this area so I sort of rely on him doing my mechanical work

Anyways, the IC looks great and oozes quality in my opinion. I had a Forge chargepipe and Boodmod3 Stage 1 installed last year and have noticed the degradation of performance on hot days so was looking forward to this install.

We had loads of problems getting the tube on the turbo pipe side to come loose. Even though it was clearly unclipped it hang on to the stock IC like Trump to power (too soon? ) Suddenly, after about three hours of putting lube, twisting, turning and pulling it suddenly came loose. Had it not been for this it would've been about a 1-2 hours install at moderate speed. We also had to cut away the plastic air guide to be able to squeeze in the new IC but this was not a big problem after having realized it had to be done..

I didn't really get a chance to push the car on my drive home but I felt nothing negative for sure and knowing that my car will get the cooler air is a comfort. The car also looks better from the front with the dark IC.

I don't doubt that this is a quality product even though I'm not the best suited guy to do an actual review about any noticeable change in performance.
Appreciate 0