View Single Post
      03-14-2020, 01:10 PM   #1
Sarg33
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M

My random M2C thoughts...

The 2020 M2C is my first BMW I have owned. I some times struggle with the thought of did I really need the M2Cs capabilities. I mean this is my daily driver. This car is tiny and it honestly drives like a track purpose car, at least IMO. I am in my mid-40s, was this a mid-life-crisis purchase?

I think, maybe I should have went with the M340ix. It has about the same price, acceleration and comes with AWD for winter, 4 doors, adaptive suspension and more room. Plus from what I understand the B58 motor does not have the crank hub issue as it is a solid crank. So, for me I would have already tuned it even under warranty...

Then I drive my M2C and I cannot wipe the frigin smile off my face! Doesn't matter if it is sunny out or raining cats and dogs, this car is fun. Maybe even more fun in the rain as it is so easy to play around with a simple blip of the throttle while in MDM. The acceleration, which is not slow by any means, is not what impresses me with this car. What impresses me is how tight and precise this car is. The suspension, the cornering, the smooth and controlled tail slides. This car is by far the most confident inspiring and probably the best handling car I have ever owned/driven.

I went out this morning in the pouring rain to grab my weekly groceries. I had an awesome power slide getting onto the on ramp for the highway and anything over 4K RPMs was nothing but tire spin in 1-3rd. When I arrived at the store I almost drove past it as I didn't want to stop playing around.

So, can the M340ix put that same smile on my face? Maybe, but I may never find out because as long as I can keep slamming the 6 MT gears on my M2C I have no reason to even go test drive a M340ix. Though it is still on my short list for my next car.

Sorry to start a whole thread on my random thoughts, but didn't want to jack anyone else's.

Peace
Appreciate 9
ChrisK4449.00
FrozenGT1116.50
ROASTM163.50
MMMBRAP975.50
COChris888.50
F80_Katz764.00