View Single Post
      12-21-2018, 01:07 AM   #43
Fedorov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G20

Garage List
For me it would be more scary to actually have a car that drives close to its limit in normal every day use.

Reminds me of back in the days with an old girlfriend when we borrowed her mothers car, some really small Toyota, slightly bigger than an RC. I was a more inexperienced driver back then (24 years old), hadn't ever owned a car and only driven my parents cars which were better cars from all perspectives than this small car..

I got genuinely scared and really had to focus on the perspectives of driving well because the car had no power and really bad brakes. Overtaking on the narrow single lane country roads was really scary because it took so much time that it was unsafe no matter how well I planned my driving. Also kept serious distance to the cars in front because of my lack of faith in the braking capabilities..

Well, point being that you want a car that has a good margin and has no problem handling the tasks of everyday driving. The m2 will break well and generally handle well. Sure, there are other more common cars that do this also so it's up to you to find a suitable car. Also, if you're gonna commute on a daily basis it would make sense to get a car with less emissions and better fuel economy.
Appreciate 0