View Single Post
      05-08-2014, 01:24 PM   #23
webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

Garage List
1. No one outside of BMW at this point knows for sure if it will or won't have iDrive.
2. However, all recent bmw models have at least the basic iDrive (no nav, smaller screen) included and cannot be removed and they do not retract into the dash. So it's easy to *assume* you will have at least the same basic iDrive standard with no option to remove.
3. With the M3/4 coming standard with Navigation you can also *assume* it'll be likely that Nav (upgraded screen and hardware) will be included in the M2.

Unfortunately for you all things point to there definitely being some form of iDrive in an M2.

My opinion though (as irrelevant as it is to you lol) is that I love iDrive. The newer systems (2013/14+ MY) are extremely responsive with no lag. I find it very intuitive to use and navigate after some acclimation to it. Especially with all the cool features such as the M Laptimer App really kick it into the next level of *gee whiz* lol.