View Single Post
      10-01-2019, 09:30 AM   #376
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Adjustable suspension makes a big difference to folks unlucky enough to have to drive on bad roads (like me). You'd have to shell out $5k on a KW DDC or $6-7k on the Tractive option to get cockpit adjustable suspension in an M2C otherwise.

I've driven the M3CS back to back with my car (with CS engine tune, CS damper/steering/diff/etc settings), and the total was greater than the sum of the parts. These special editions by BMW sometimes feel that way (my 2003 ZHP was the same way).

Now it all depends on price. My friend got his M3 CS at $84k, not a bad discount...
It seems you mistake DDC for something else. DDC works in conjunction with factory electronics. If the damper comes static in the first place, DDC will not work. With adaptive damper alone, the M2 CS will be distinguished.

A good point you made is the total being greater than the sum of parts. BMW chassis tune always captures a good balance between drivability and performance, which aftermarket can't touch. That is especially true with the F87, where the lesser models with static damper can't steal top dog chassis coding like with the F80/82.