04-23-2019, 03:37 PM   #38
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Genuine question for those on a list. I assume you have a price point in mind where you'd be out....?

I think with the way the M3/4 went it might be close to that. In the UK the CD price was Comp Pack x 1.5

Does that price keep you on track to buy? I think currently the UK M2C is £51k so that would take it into the mid £70ks maybe £75k. Sweet Jesus I've never typed that out before.

Towards the end of the M3CS days some cars were tempting with £20k discounted but it would need to be similar, maybe £75k discounted to around £60k perhaps. Damn that's still going to be really really steep finance.

I think ... I might have talked myself out of it!
I believe the thought is valid. I've tossed around price point limit for a while, and I haven't decided how much is too much. My wife and daughter poke fun at me because I want certain things to be a bit more exclusive. I'm willing to pay a bit more for that. I like the fact the my current car with it's specific color combo may be the only one in the state. I've only seen one other one in town, and it's not a convertible.

I like the 911, but turns me off that I see so many. I rarely see any M2s in any form in town. I also want a car that oozes fun factor. I also want a car that I can share the enjoyment with my family. For me, I think the M2CS will check most of these boxes and be a car that I hold on to. Add to the stable later as opposed to swap to something different.

The Alfa Romeo bothers me because the base looks almost the same as the QV.

I will say that $80k is a hell of a lot of cash for a small car, but that's the nature of paying for performance. Is it necessary, probably not. If you can afford it, then why not. It's piece of mind knowing that the car is built to withstand a beating. Drive it like you stole it.

The midengine Corvette seems interesting, but only two seats.
Appreciate 2
JustChris17487.50
MDuckie93.00