View Single Post
      04-23-2019, 07:33 AM   #31
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
How to enter into a "contract" and then renege on it? The very essence of a contract is it's a binding agreement between two parties.

Your situation sounds more like "the list" when they take your deposit, write an invoice for your down payment, then when they get that "third" allocation available or a vehicle to sell you, you get that call to come in and take your money.

If you don't have an actual allocation number, anything goes and they can sell the vehicle to whomever they want and feed you whatever nonsense to string you along until they have a car to sell you.

This might come as a surprise to you but auto dealership employees are not the most reputable bunch..
The contact specified all the terms including it was at any point able to be broken by the buyer (me) with a full refund. Pretty basic wording. Could they fork me over, perhaps. Since I've been doing business with this dealer since 1979 and know many of the folks there, it's probably unlikely.

Considering I've been buying and selling cars for over 40 years, I've been around the block a couple of times and well know, perhaps more than I care to think, about the industry.
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 0