Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverDaily View Post
Dinan_Engineering

My DME was mailed to Dinan and then tuned with HE a few months ago. Now I want to upgrade to HE+. However, my tuner says my DME needs to be sent to you guys for unlocking a second time. I thought I could reflash from HE to HE+ once the DME was unlocked, but I can't.

My understanding is, I will have to have the DME removed a third time and sent to Dinan in order to load the stage 1 tune once I am out of warranty. Obviously, if I knew I had to spend $800 in labor and a week in the shop just to switch maps I might never have chosen Dinan in the first place.

Would you care to comment more in detail as to why my car can't be permanently unlocked and how widespread this problem may be for other S55 owners?
Assuming it wasn't reverted to stock after Dinan+ was flashed (and therefore the newest locked bootloader applied) there would be no reason to send the DME back in to get unlocked again when upgrading to +HE or Stage 1.

On Thursday/Friday we had a temporary glitch where the update process wasn't working. The software department pushed a programming update for testing of MG1 on the live server before it was fully vetted that caused some issues but that was resolved towards EOD on Friday. So the dealer may have just had unlucky timing and run into that which is causing the confusion maybe. Regardless, let me know the dealer or have the dealer reach out to Dinan support and we can go over whatever issues they may be running into.
Appreciate 0