12-26-2019, 12:57 PM   #13
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep
Drives: camels & donkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
So, there was a thread I commented on in the N55 section about Noelle that got deleted because some guy was being a troll... but there was some other things I noticed in their warranty that doesn't sit well. And I'm looking through it again as I type this...

I didn't notice the crank hub bolt written in their warranty, but it's in their now. Their warranty was revised December 20th, so it seems it was added recently.

The other things I noticed is that their warranty requires you to ONLY USE Liqui Moly oil. Previously they didn't specify an oil brand, but only that you must have the oil changed every 5,000mi and you must have the transmission and diff fluid changed every 40,000mi. Twice as much as the OEM requirements. And that you must provide them with receipts of this or else they will deny warranty coverage.

Additionally, their warranty work will only be carried out at certified Noelle Performance Centers. To which there are only 25 locations in the USA. And a Noelle dealer IS NOT a Performance Center. Meaning just because you find someone that can install the tune, doesn't mean they can do warranty work as well.

The warranty does not cover repair costs to any OEM BMW installed parts that may've been affected by a Noelle component. (I don't recalled seeing this in their warranty a few days ago)

Labor charges for repair or replacement of Noelle products will be reimbursed. Meaning you'll have to front the money to get your car fixed. (I don't recalled seeing this in their warranty a few days ago)

If you had a previous tune on the car from a different company before the Noelle tune, you are ineligible for the warranty. (I don't recalled seeing this in their warranty a few days ago. And OP is ineligible for a warranty since he has the Dinan tune already)

If you install an aftermarket downpipe or have had an aftermarket downpipe installed in the past (or have the emissions control system modified in any way), you are ineligible for the warranty. (I don't recalled seeing this in their warranty a few days ago)

If your vehicles was registered in a competitive event before the tune, as well as if your vehicle is registered in a competitive event after the tune, your warranty is void.

There was also some article in Road and Track or something that said in order for Noelle to issue a warranty, they must first contact BMW and let them know they are tuning your car.

Judging by OP that there is only two DME programming devices in the entire country... Good luck getting warranty work done in a timely manner. God forbid the device is being used elsewhere while your car needs it.
well put

I wonder how many of these points also apply to Dinan's "warranty"

F87 M2 Competition, Sunset Orange, Exc, DCT.
**SOLD** F80 M3 Mineral Grey/Sakir Orange, Exc, DCT... ED 6/2015
**SOLD**E90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 0