12-14-2019, 01:16 PM   #30
tokki
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTBear View Post
Anyone else having this problem? Three times now, one of my front brakes has seized, resulting in the car being unable to move. The pad is seized to the rotor.
On the first occasion, I had to flat bed to the dealer, where it released of its own accord. However, when it happened to me, I tried hard to release it, dragging the seized tire for a block (likely not doing my tire a whole lot of good).
The second and third times, it took a lot of dragging again, but the brake released.
I have had brakes stick before after washing a car especially, but nothing like this!
Anyone shed some light on this?
Thanks for any input!
Hey man, just wanted to let you know that I had multiple episodes like this. The best thing you can do is to get it up to speed and do a HARD brake before parking the car. In our climate, especially if theres a little water or snow/ice on the road, no way the traction between the tire and road will be enough to break the seizure free. Otherwise, the only thing that worked for me is to put the front tow hook on and drag it with a truck on some dry tarmac. I do feel that now my car has some good miles on it, it is less prone to happened. Probably a bit more clearance between the pad and the rotor than when it was new.
Appreciate 1
TTBear414.50