05-09-2019, 05:20 PM   #76
Economatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by stljohn View Post
So I was able to go through the “meeting my car” process and even got to start it up on the rotating pad. But yes, they are not releasing them into the wild currently. They were originally going to give us a 7-series(wow!) to continue our trip with but I asked whether something a little smaller would be doable. They found us an M140i fastback instead. It’s possible that a fix will be identified soon but there is no ETA for resolution yet so I am not holding my breath. Throughout they have been both extremely professional and apologetic.
This was my ED experience today. I got the vague email a couple days ago and wasn't sure what to expect when going to the Welt. There was a lot of confusion and at times a bit awkward because they were so apologetic. I also got a new M140i to drive to finish our trip and I guess they also considered giving me the 7 series. Bonus: I got to do a 5mph lap around the display area in my M2C.

Best part was that not having my M2C for the rest of the trip wasn't a letdown and I'm happy to drive their M140i. They handled the situation perfectly and were much more upset than I was.
Appreciate 2
MTROIS187.50
natmad667.00