View Single Post
      11-20-2015, 09:57 AM   #86
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
oh yeah? Well Scott26 i appreciate you taking the time to post here and tell us your knowledge....it's nice of you to do so.

how about BMW make a PROPER small 4 door sedan with RWD and an inline 6 (turbo whatever) and some real compact, old school BMW dimensions and proportions and let it weigh, i dunno, 3200 lbs?

I think THAT would create waves.

This FWD Civic-wannabe with a BMW badge does nothing but tell people that BMW is just like any other carmaker....ordinary and unwilling to take risks.

You can fool the CLA and A3 crowd with this....quite easily....but BMW is just becoming more and more ordinary by the day......there isn't a single car in the BMW lineup that screams "BMW!!" anymore...just a bunch of marketing exercises with fat people in suits taking notes.
You do realise that BMW as well as Mercedes-Benz and Audi in Europe are just car companies, albeit Premium but we offer basic specification or in America's case economy specification on the best selling BMWs. I think the Compact Sedan is very much about taking risks its a car that travels furtherest from its initial BMW comfort zone specifically for BMWs no 1 market for sales China.
It has a definite market target and demographic, its youthful, yet sporty and fits in well with the other BMW sedans in the portfolio.