View Single Post
      08-28-2015, 08:54 AM   #234
DJKapeesh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i, 13' 911 C2S, 10' X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanszilla View Post
For example: if you were a big shot business consultant working for Mckinsey or other large profile consulting company and you were invited to a black tie event with other big executives and the conversation turns from business to pleasure (in regards to motorsports) would you rather say "I drive a BMW M(3, 4, 5, 6)" or "I drive a Hyundai N". Not everyone is shallow, but a lot of people attribute cars to success (or a deep trust fund left by parents).
I'm only 25 and I about spit up my breakfast at the stupidity of this comment. Cars and financial success should be kept completely separate IMO especially with the ability to Lease cars you cannot afford and get loans on cars that will break you. Young people here in FL drive Mercs, BMWs, Lexus and 1 in 20 of them might actually be able to afford (buy) the car.

If they wanted to do a pissing contest why not just wip out the bank statements and pay stubs right there and then?

"We buy things we don't need with money we don't have to impress people we don't like." - Edward Norton
Appreciate 2