Ali Shiralian
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xdrive, 2014 X5 3.5d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Started making cars in the 1920s, really didn't get their shit together till the 60s. So do the math... Same with Mercedes, most of their early cars were crap.. You should have seen the shit Emil Jellinek kept saying about the company.. Emil Jellinek was one of the main investors, his daughter was named Mercedes, I think you can figure out the rest from there...
Established in 1967, Hyundai Motor Co. has grown into the Hyundai Motor Group, with more than two dozen auto-related subsidiaries and affiliates. Hyundai Motor — which has seven manufacturing bases outside of South Korea including Brazil, China, the Czech Republic, India, Russia, Turkey and the U.S. — sold 4.06 million vehicles globally in 2011. Hyundai Motor, which employs over 80,000 worldwide, offers a full line-up of products including small to large passenger vehicles, SUVs and commercial vehicles.

I don't know where you got the 1920s from but they started exporting cars to North America in the 1980s. My point is that the brand still is perceived as a sub par brand as it didn't take BMW or Benz that long to establish themselves as premium. They can hire whoever they want, hard to shed the image in a few decades alone.
Appreciate 0