Garage List
2016 M2  [0.00]
1995 M3  [0.00]
2006 Mini Cooper S ...  [0.00]
2004 A6 2.7T  [0.00]
1994 325is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
It's my understanding that the odometer is reset by BMW AG immediately before a vehicle is shipped to the US or delivered at the Welt.

At the Welt , delivered vehicles show 1 mile or less because of this. There are additional miles added during loading and delivery.

I do not believe that your local dealer has the ability to reset the odometer, so I don't think that your vehicle mileage was added by the dealer.

It appears that your odometer on the vehicle was reset and the computer was not reset at the same time prior to the vehicle being shipped

This makes the most sense to me. I had postulated that the extra 17 miles were probably factory dyno and or breakin trial runs as suggetsed by Smiley1175. I had heard that an occasional vehicle is taken off the assembly line and taken to the track at Liepzig for a "going over" as a random QC check. Maybe each M2 has this done?

I didn't know that the odometer could be reset by the factory!

I do recall when my car was produced, 5.30.16, it took several days for it to "clear" to final production status while it remained in Quality Control status according to BMW Genius. I think it was finally released June 5th or 6th. I fantasized that the body panels were being touched up! If they were I can't tell and I have a pretty good eye!
Appreciate 0