View Single Post
      05-23-2016, 10:55 AM   #71
Franklin Joseph
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3M2R8Racer View Post
Is 1200 miles recommended by the dealer or BMW M? I may only have time to put 500 miles before taking it to COTA

We put our ED Cayman S on Nurburgring Nordschleife & the GP track only after about 500 miles after picking it up at Zuffenhausen. It's true that we did not run the car pass 6k, but it has 15k miles now and it seems to be going really strong

Franklin, thanks for your tip, I did find out my car is on Michigan Highway, the RORO ship. It will make Galveston this Sat.!

Of course! Can't wait any longer! The amazing thing is that I have not heard any thing from my dealer for 3 weeks. Not sure if I will buy from them again???
The first service is also load based...so if u drive really hard, the miles will come down. Same happen with my 1M, tracked at 800miles and serviced around 1000 miles.

I dunno how true this statement is but when i was picking my car up, the salesguy mentioned and if we for whatever reason do not get the 1200mile service done, it will void our warranty. He said the car comes with a heavier weight oil in the engine from the factory for the break-in, and then we use 0w30 oil going forward.

Awesome...i was tracking the ship everyday - google your ship name and a few sites will pop up (maritime traffic and vessel finder)

I was also told that the Galveston vpc was hit with bad weather first week of May (before my car arrived) and some cars had hail damage - which kinda pushed processing back a little...hopefully they've caught up, but you might wait a little longer since u have the M goodies installed.

I want to see how the carbon interior kit looks like in person.

which dealer did you use?
Appreciate 1