View Single Post
      02-23-2019, 06:39 PM   #17
beats
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 911 GTS

If you have any track experience, consider trying to find a track day there. The number of cars is drastically reduced, and I would imagine the quality of driver is a lot better. Plus I have heard that there are more marshalls present on track days vs TF days.

Don't worry about a high powered car, get something safe, preferably with a cage and harness. I rented from rent4ring, their 125 however had all safety gear, good tires, brakes and suspension. It was a blast! They also offered track insurance for a reasonable price/deductible. I agree with others, get an instructor even if you have track experience. Highly valuable, and most trackside rentals can arrange I think.

Lastly, if you have a good sim at home (ie iRacing), practice. It made a huge difference for me. Regardless of the number of times you drive it behind a screen, nothing compares to behind the wheel of a real car. It is a very humbling track IMO. My head was spinning after my first two laps. It was an amazing experience though. Can't wait to go back.
Appreciate 2
Dackelone10615.50