bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
I thought some of those race engines were actually derived from the S62, not the S65. Anyway...
I haven't looked into the S62, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were race derived engines. I am confident that the engines I listed are S65 derived though. There's a great thread about many of them over on M3Post.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Your analysis doesn’t take into consideration the switch to the S55 engine mid way through the M2’s lifecycle. N55 based models will always be less valuable in the market in a few years, than the S55 based models - similar situation to the 2001 M Coupes and Roadsters.
That's a great point. However, we have to keep in mind that resale value is a percentage of original value, and cars that have a higher original price tag often suffer the worst depreciation (as a percentage). The 2001 M Coupe/Roadster didn't see a massive price bump.

We don't have concrete details on how the S55 will come to the M2. If BMW puts a price premium on the M2 CS, that car might struggle to hold its value in a market where cars like the less expensive base M2 exist.

I'm in "wait and see" mode on that front.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0