Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgmt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Still $300 for me. I know, I know being impatient...
The announcement only said 19/20 vehicles, 18 and earlier are still wishful thinking at this point.

Considering the early carplay cars had it as a flat $300 option not the subscription model I don't have high hopes.
It will be coming to everyone that has car play provisioning through connected drive.
What is your source material? I read the articles from car and driver, CNET, and autoblog and their quotes from bmw staff only reference 19/20 model years.

Also I am using the USA as point of reference. Not sure about international considering the option/cost structure and legal rules are different.
I hear what you saying, but to me it makes no sense to exclude owners from model years whose IDrive factory systems already support CarPlay. I believe it is from MY2016 onwards.
I am with you as I have an 18, really hoping they come through for earlier cars, but my expectation is we will not be included. as noted above for those of us who got 16, 17, 18 cars with CarPlay we had a binary option choice: yes ($300) or no (no CarPlay). It is true we could enable after the fact for the one time fee but it was still the all or nothing choice. The 19/20 cars all come with it free for a year then have to pay... bmw isn't really "making car play free" instead they are "ending the subscription to keep it active". Earlier cars with CarPlay were never part of the subscription model.
Appreciate 0