View Single Post
      08-23-2021, 05:51 PM   #4
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Canada cars by default use the wheel speed sensors to detect low pressure, so PSI isn’t displayed. But you can code it in.

Some guys in the US actually code their cars like yours so the TPMS doesn’t trigger below 27psi and send the car into Comfort mode when starting with cold tires.

For me, I use the psi read outs when on track, and used to start PSI at 26 if needed (depends on tires, setup, and track conditions), reset TPMS in the pits before rolling out, and use the brakes on the out lap to heat up the tires above 27psi before the TPMS finishes its reset.

The data on screen is valuable, as you’ll be able to see hot lap temps and pressures, which are drastically different from what a lot of guys do and read them in the paddock after a cool off lap and the inevitable heat soak from the brakes into the tires while you’re running around the car checking pressures—that’s trash data.

And we only use the pyrometer on race days (diff car), it’s overkill for HPDE and you have to do quick hot pits in/out with a team member for the data to be consistent and worthwhile. TPMS display and watching tire wear is good enough for HPDE.

A side note that most of the pressure/temp increase on our cars (esp the OG’s) is from poor brake ventilation and sizing. Once I switched to AP brakes, I did not have to start with such low pressures bc the heat management is better and the temp/pressure increases are less, so I never get any low starting pressure TPMS fits.
Appreciate 1
Got f1?682.50