08-08-2020, 11:11 AM   #52
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Io View Post
And I would add that, paradoxally, only the CS is a ´perfect’ M-car in the sense that it can be more confortable on the road (in town or on bad roads), faster for spirited driving on bumpy roads, while being a beast on track without no need of modification. Stock M2/M2C are neither great in all conditions on the road nor on track. And if you tune your M2 to make it great on track, you end up with a car awful to drive on roads that are not perfectly flat...

A pity there is only four basic colours available for this CS still... It would be so nice in San Marino blue �� If money was falling from the sky, I would take a CS and make it paint by BMW in this colour...
I doubt that is the case. If you are fast on track, the stock CS suspension is just as marginal as any OEM suspension, and you will still need camber plates, track pads and better tires (even the OEM Cups aren’t perfect on track).

Any OEM suspension (M4 GTS excluded) will limit you on track at some point. Not saying it cannot be fun (I tracked OEM for many years, 4 years just on the F80 chassis) but you’ll be capped performance wise.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0