Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathObeaN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NathObeaN View Post
The biggest alarm bell for me is adaptive suspension? Think about it guys - adaptive suspension is there to switch between comfort and sport (in essence)... only M2 to get is is the club sport version? Aka, the lightweight track version? A feature that adds weight and only available in the lightest M2 yet... really?
The M2 CS is going adaptive suspension, it was previously confirmed..

Believe it or not, the Adaptive M Suspension is actually lighter than the regular static dampers because it's made out of forged aluminum and the static dampers are made of steel.
Consider me corrected and stunned. If that's the case, why in earth would it be present in the m240i and not the M2/M2C? Makes no sense. It doesn't add weight, obviously provides just as good track performance (if it's being included in the CS), it's not expensive (available in cheaper models). BMW continues to confuse and frustrate me.
No idea but if I had to guess, cost was a looming factor. The M2 had so stay within a certain price range and there is a lot technology that goes into the adaptive setup; there has to have accelerometers on each wheel, for one. So they forgo that feature, in the name of cost-cutting.

With the 240i I believe they tried to achieve some sort of balance between street and backroad fun, all-in-one suspension and I guess for that model it was worth allocating some of the budget to achieve such goal with adaptive dampers.
Appreciate 1