View Single Post
      01-11-2015, 03:16 PM   #26
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Personally, I have a 132 IQ (but act like a dumbass sometimes but that's another story ), but I don't consider it a criteria for any special treatment, especially since my parents didn't do anything about it either, otherwise I'd be in the GATE program in school and a Mensa member... But I DID graduate HS at 16 and received my AS in Computer Information Systems at 19. Doesn't mean shit to society or my parents for that matter unless I get 6 figures in debt and get a Bachelors though... But that too, is another story.

However, regardless of whether you're precociously breaking the scales of high intelligence, or scaling the dizzying heights of Mt. Moron, my personal tenet is that the average child takes hundreds upon thousands to raise, so if anything, you owe them. At the life I've had, I deserve a Rolls-Royce and a house on the hills, but here I am with an 8 year old E90 and struggling to find a reputable job after having 2 jobs in a row cheat me on my pay (but I have a $12K lawsuit + $15K of Worker's Comp pending against my last job; so I got that going for me, which is nice), and despite my mom having multiple 6 figures, she won't throw me a dime if I was near death, let alone a car... But even if she was generous enough to, personally I wouldn't really want it either (but I'll take it ).

I can't say for sure what your parent's viewpoints are, but it's true what they say about valuing a car more if you've bought it on your own, rather than being gifted outright with a car, and I have experienced both; the brand new 2004 Nishit Sencrap I was given was nowhere near what I wanted and it broke down 18 times for the 11 months that I've had it, so towards the end I even laughed off grazing into shopping carts... But I worked my ass off to buy my first car at $1,500; even though it's a loser-esque grandma's car (91 Buick Century), I cringed at the very thought of something bad happening to that, and any car after that (of course, minus the Sentra).
::THE MACHETE::

Last edited by NEFARIOUS; 01-12-2015 at 02:28 PM..
Appreciate 0