08-13-2023, 07:02 PM   #24
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2guru View Post
I am about to do a test of the oil pressure by draining the fluid and watching the oil pressure. It made me think...what am I checking for? Is the "problem" with low pressure upon startup after removing something from the oil system or is it with air in the system. If it's air in the system, I am thinking that I won't see that in the oil pressure reading (maybe a blip), but I could be wrong. Thoughts on this? Wondering how to test it to get good information from the test.
Are you just going to start the car after draining the oil cooler? Because that would be really bad for the car. Or are you going to start the car after priming?

If you're starting without priming I would log oil pressure a few times starting the car as normal. Then I would log the oil pressure after work on the oil system.

If you want to see the results of priming, then log priming the oil system without draining the loop then log priming after draining the oil loop.

We are seeing if there is a drop in oil pressure and for how long due to air pockets.