View Single Post
      02-24-2020, 01:45 PM   #301
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeese View Post
This week, I was able to add the covers that fit over the conspicuously large holes on each side of the rear seat.

41007294289 (cover for side section, left)
41007294290 (cover for side section, right)

A terrific reduction in noise. The hood insulation and the fender-to-body seal reduced the cacophony of noises to a situation where there where noises up front and noises from the back. Not just so much noise.

The side covers really changed things up! Driving the car is so much more enjoyable. Four hours with the side covers on and few thoughts on the interior noise.
Where about in the Bay Area are you @Zeese? I'm in Sunnyvale, and would love to hear the difference compared to my car.

For a daily driver, the M2 is a bit too noisy inside for my liking. I love the sound with the windows down, but with them up I'd be happier if it were quieter, but don't want to drop the cash if the difference isn't that much.

Also, what was required to mount the panels to the bodywork? I see they have holes, which I assume are for push fit clips, but do you also need to put some form of gasket around the edge to stop it rattling?

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 1
Saanen180.50