View Single Post
      08-07-2018, 12:41 AM   #139
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyM2 View Post
If you want to treat it like how you shift a manual car you will be fine. What I mean is if you are use to down gearing to help it slow down or wanting to hear the aggressive sound in a manual it’s ok too in a DCT as long as you don’t go pass redline and you will feel that it will interact like a manual tranny with all the fine jerks but just faster.

I do downshift if I have to stop immediately but not all the way down to 1st gear, I find that unnecessary and way to aggressive for daily driving. Even from a dead stop, you will find the system will allow you to start from 2nd gear unless u are facing up-hill as it promotes saving a bit of energy.

I understand the animosity towards DCT’s. But if you educate yourself and not let ignorance prevail, it is really just a better manual tranny. An easier, faster dual clutch transmission where you can throw in auto mode whenever you feel like it, but it is more expensive. I remember how the E90’s 92’s M3 DCTs are when you start the car it always starts in manual mode and not in auto but they change that the following model year to avoid confusion for non-manual users.
DCT is the superior transmission, no doubt. Just having fun arguing semantics . If you can't money shift it, it's not truly manual . The gnomes will not let you!
Appreciate 0