View Single Post
      10-10-2019, 01:34 PM   #35
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

I'm pretty sure it's DSC, with DSC mode on or even USDM MDM the m2 for me will pull power when I try to slide it making that jerky feeling, which is nothing compared to a solid rear axle mustang on launch.

With DSC off or with gts MDM (slightly better than usdm mdm but issue is there) the whole jerkiness of power being cut is gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
I have to say, I'm 49 and have had mostly RWD manual trans cars all my life. RX-7, MR-2, Starion ESiR, Miata, S2000, Impreza STi, Exige, etc. And ALL of them would smoothly let go (even the AWD STi), especially in the rain. The Starion would get a little wheel hop here and there, but nothing major.
FD RX7 stock: no traction control
MR2: traction control was a jdm option only, I do believe it did make it onto the usdm versions but only late into production as an option only.
S2000: no traction control
Sti: you said smoothly in the rain, if it was anything like mine (GC8, Hawkeye, 09 gr, and a '16) those things understeer like crazy and never slid smoothly unless there was snow, even with the diff set to the rear. So you probably had crap tires.

Those cars probably slid easily since the rear wheel width and wheel base is alot smaller than the m2 making traction less, they were also alot lighter too.

Last edited by F87source; 10-10-2019 at 01:44 PM..
Appreciate 0