Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2021 BMW M2  [10.00]
2018 BMW 540  [0.00]
2013 Porsche Boxster S  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2joey View Post
I have just passed 75 track days with my OG M2, approx. 30 days with MPC on. First, no issues at all to report, car is still super solid. Did have one of the comp dials come off the front when adjusting once, luckily I have it.

From my personal experience, I would say the MPC are worth about 1 - 1.5 seconds a lap. That time saving is not a given, requires all things, conditions, etc. being in place in to put that time down. Most will not see any difference in speed by driving the car 7/10th's at the track. The OEM suspension is that great!

I have tested the comp and rebound a good bit. I set the suspension based on the track I will be driving on, of course. Generally around the recommend "track settings" range. Two or three clicks two out from max comp for the smoothest tracks. For street driving, a few clicks more of rebound seems to make for a little smoother all-around ride as well.
i'm trying to reconcile your "the OEM suspension is that good" comment with all of the comments I see in this thread about the OEM suspension being "shit"...with most of the complaints centering on stability at speed, during cornering, and on less than perfect surfaces. Can you help me with this apparent contradiction?
Appreciate 0