09-16-2020, 08:44 PM   #298
gemini.m3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 xDrive comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobBMWMC View Post
Gents here is the deal.

Purchased the M2 Competition September 2019 for about $62k, HS Manual. Currently, it is rarely driven and has about 6k parked away in the garage corner (Toyota Tundra as the daily). Financed through BMW at 0.9% and have about $34k left on the loan.

I let the local dealership know that I might be interested in the M2 CS when I purchased the M2C. They called a few days ago and said they received an allocation and I had until the end of the week to decide if I wanted to move ahead. Here is their offer:

Trade-In M2C $49k
M2CS MSRP ~85k

Can we confirm the U.S. market is for sure only getting 466 M2CS and that the M2 lineup will end production soon? If so that would make this 2X more rare than the 2011 1M. I'm only interested in the M2CS if its worth the collection standpoint; meaning I would never drive it and only look at it with the expectation of dramatic appreciation in 7 years. What's the consensus on the M2CS becoming the collectors M2 when this is all said and done?

I'm still keeping an eye on the upcoming C8 Z06 with its anticipated first American made 650HP flat plane crank V8 starting in the mid $80s. However, they will produce a ton of those as opposed to 466. Thoughts?
In a similar boat as you but with an m3 instead. I think this car has at least s2000 CR potential, IF they actually only produce 466. In the 5-10 years how many low mileage examples are going to exist?) s2000 crs go well over i saw one sold the other day for 76k with 10k miles so someone bought that car in the 40s- enjoyed it for ten years by weekend driving and they flipped it for 30k profit? The comparison to the m3 cs line doesn’t make a ton of sense to me because they are so similar to the m3 comp but the m2 cs has substantial differences from the m2 comp.

Not to mention we might not see another m2 until 2023 at least and with the way bmw design language is going... could be another factor
Appreciate 0