View Single Post
      08-27-2020, 08:59 AM   #93
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

It was a total PITA to get a proper connection to my car, but once I did the flash was quick and the results are excellent. Much happier than the stock DCT programming. Shifting is more preemptive and faster, while being less abrupt and I actually enjoy Sport+ now.

Regarding xhp, they may support the M2 just like all the other GTS flashes out there, but may suffer the same issues with too fast up shift and weird shifting in general. This is bc the M2 DCT doesn’t have all the same sensors on it as the M2C/3/4 DCT.

As far as I know THOR is the only flash that works correctly for the OG M2’s DCT.

Sidenote: When I did two days on the Ring with BMW in an M2, our instructor who said he had probably 100k Ring laps from being one of the old BMW Taxi drivers and now helps with development in all the camo’ed cars you see, said one of the sensors missing is when the car goes airborne over a bump or hill. He said the M2 won’t respond to the sudden acceleration if you keep your foot down and you have to old school style come off the gas and reapply smoothly when landing—which, I’ve noticed on one of my local tracks.
Appreciate 0