View Single Post
      03-04-2020, 03:06 PM   #484
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
I read you posts in detail multiple times, including last night. Yes, your temp increases were more gradual - but that was because you are running a flash tune vs piggyback and a lower cell count on the catalyst (Which drops egts) I’m saying this as definitive fact - it’s not as good of a track intercooler as the others. It’s physically smaller, and every review against similar coolers (the VRSF one featured above) proves there is PLENTY left to improve.

I agree, for the street it’s great. I’ve been looking for a new cooler and I don’t want excess lag myself, because I daily drive the car. But I personally can’t justify paying more for a less capable (in absolute sense) intercooler because of what may amount to an imperceivable amount of lag. Again, that’s just me. If it were major lag spikes (like I heard the CFS caused on the single scroll turbo that FaRKle! runs) yeah, I might be more inclined to lean in that direction.

I’m just curious about this VRSF one now, because it’s on sale - and it’s god plenty of headroom for my needs. I hope to be tracking the car more frequently and don’t want to run into IAT issues.
And all this is why I want the Evo 3 to work. I’ll keep dreaming, or order it and try it, or have them do a custom one.
Appreciate 0