View Single Post
      03-04-2020, 01:03 PM   #478
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
You’re not going to notice 10lbs, but you will notice your car overheating and pulling power. I saw you changed from the Dinan? Or Do88 to the Wagner to run into the same overheating issues on the track that you had before, despite running a lower cell count on downpipe. The Wagner is just smaller than the others, and every post I saw of people actually running them at the track shows they just don’t perform as well as the others.

On the street, I think it might be a great choice due to the claimed superior throttle response, and the less demanding needs.
I'll forgive you for not knowing the exact details of my upgrade and track testing path, as there are numerous posts to sift thru.

The general consensus on my overheating issue is it is oil temp related, and will require some custom oil cooler work, similar to what the Tyspeed guys did.

As for IATs, the Evo 2 Comp did perform better than the Dinan, even while I increased power significantly from Dinantronics to BM3 Stg 2H E30. If you run an Emix on track, the impact from any increase in IATs, including timing pull, is reduced. You can see this in the many 93 octane, 100 octane, and various Emix logs I've posted.

So, I'm not willing to give up my better throttle response during the 75% of time I drive my car on the street, vs reducing IATs by 10F during the 25% of time I'm on track bc the impact of 10F when running an Emix really isn't noticeable.

My interest in all this reemerged when the Evo 3 came out b/c it seemed to give the best of everything, but it apparently doesn't fit the M2 and I haven't seen any independent testing.

If someone who's had an Evo 2 Comp could chime in independently regarding their experiences jumping to the CSF or VRSF IC's, and can show that they reduced IATs by an additional 20F over the Wagner during a 30-45-min 95F+ summer track day, and they can say subjectively that they don't notice worse throttle response when on/off the gas in stop & go traffic, then I'm all ears.

Unfortunately, it sounds like I may need to be that guinea pig, unless a forum member can pipe up.

Last edited by ZM2; 03-04-2020 at 01:16 PM..
Appreciate 1
243Racing1447.50