View Single Post
      03-04-2020, 11:08 AM   #476
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Just a note that I haven’t seen the M2 listed as an application for the ATM.

I’ll also make the same comment here that I did on the F30 board. Point is, the best IC for someone is the one that has the best blend of characteristics for their use, not just cooling capacity.

For me, a 10F IAT improvement isn’t going to make much of an impact for guys running Emixes on track. I wouldn’t trade to a 5-10lb heavier IC with worse throttle response to gain what would only be a few hp on an Emix tune on track.

If you run 93 octane on track, then the 10F difference will be noticeable on hot days.

To get a 20F+ difference over the Evo 2 Comp we’re talking about needing a massive IC, all of which are going to be 30lbs+. I haven’t seen that any of the massive bar/plate IC’s have that kind of performance gain without making lag even worse.

Apparently the Evo 3 achieves all these things from Wagner’s data, but no one knows why it will fit the M235i and not the M2.
You’re not going to notice 10lbs, but you will notice your car overheating and pulling power. I saw you changed from the Dinan? Or Do88 to the Wagner to run into the same overheating issues on the track that you had before, despite running a lower cell count on downpipe. The Wagner is just smaller than the others, and every post I saw of people actually running them at the track shows they just don’t perform as well as the others.

On the street, I think it might be a great choice due to the claimed superior throttle response, and the less demanding needs.
Appreciate 0