View Single Post
      03-04-2020, 08:19 AM   #470
243Racing
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
I’ve narrowed my search down to 2 intercoolers - 3 maybe.

ER - the prior best intercooler. You don’t hear about it much anymore, but I’ve never seen anything bad about it, or anything compared to it really.

VRSF 6.5 and/or Race - Not sure this is the same, but these just get things done. They are old school. No rounded end ranks, or fancy design. It’s straight up big and that’s how the job gets done. It’s also cheaper.

ATM/CSF - I’ve read a ton. The most track worthy, holds records for fastest N55 (until recently I believe - I’m tired, I was up all night reading) the ATM should flow better and have less lag than the CSF, both are better than the Evo 2 from every test I’ve seen. Also cheaper.

Why not:

AA - too small. (Goes for all 5”cores)
eBay - Garbage
Wagner - Evo 3 has no test, the Evo 2 is outright inferior to the others mention in absolute cooling. Even the claimed faster recovery doesn’t measure up on the track where it heats up quicker and higher than the rest, and it’s smaller meaning it’s absolute ability to hold heat is lower.
Do88 - same as the Wagner. It’s better in terms of absolutes keeping temps, but it was 5* vs 10* or so for the ATM/CSF. No reason to buy this over the other more capable options.
I'm not really interested in one of the giant radiators that require modification or pulling the bumper off to install. If it's not plug and play, I've gotta pay my shop to install it, which increases the cost of the part exponentially. For my application, I look at it as more of a reliability mod. With the VRSF so cheap right now, I'm just wondering if it's enough of an upgrade over the stock intercooler to go for it.
Appreciate 0