Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Can you photoshop it with a lower MSRP, 75k USD is a beautiful look
Here you go Poochie.

No photoshop required . . . and how does $60K sound?

Exclusivity is bullshit, and not what makes a sport car special. It sure as hell is not what sport car enthusiasts love about the M2C. The S55 makes the M2 special, and the horses were let out of the barn with the M2C.

Pulled from NatMad.

///AVM

Edit: Natmad, get rid of those amber side markers . . . please :-)
I love the M2C and the price is just within the realm of being a bargain for all that you get..

I'll tell you want, if the M2C offers the Adaptive Suspension option next model year, which I have a sneaking suspension they will, seeing how they already popped their cherry with the M2 CS, the CS will be a lot less valuable, IMO.

Mechanically, adaptive dampers is the only thing the M2 CS has over the Competition. Everything else is basically cosmetic, if you look beyond the gift paper.

Now, I'm not downplaying the overall package the CS offers in the stock form but if you break it down to a science, it's mostly skin deep.

Sometimes it sucks being perceptive because ignorance is bliss 🤔
You really think BMW will add adaptive suspension to their last year M2C model? I mean that would be the dream!

But I don't know historically BMW has ever added a significant feature for their last model run. Sure, they have added different color schemes, but this is a big ask?

If anything, I hope they will add the Merino seats in place of the Dakota seats...
I don't see why they can offer adaptive dampers on the future M2Cs, now that they set the stage, without much overhead.

Not sure about the high-grade leather though.

The blueprint has already been constructed for the 2 Series M chassis, inspirational from the M2 CS and to a lesser degree in the M240i for electronic dampers.

They used to offer M Adaptive Suspension on the M4 a la carte for $1,000, now its standard with the Competition Package.

That's a viable option for the M2 Competition to push out a few more cars and satiate the few that felt like they got short changed by the lack of available CSs. BMW philosophy is always Greed is Good, so it's possible.

As far as the End of Models goes, in my experience, that's when BMW starts throwing in all the bells and whistles for free.

A lot of the options become standard like Alarm and Xenon headlights in the F series and special editions start popping up like the 135is and 335is, with added power and features standard.

We'll see how it goes as they now begin to phase out the F Series M2C.
I will be very interested to see that and hope you're right. If it's "only" $1K for the adaptive suspension, that would be an incredible deal.

Tbh after the initial excitement and anticipation of the CS, the pragmatic side of me is not as in love of the CS as I had originally. Especially the extra $27K, that amounts to a horsepower jump and CF bits (counting you can get $60K OTD for the M2C, fully loaded)...