08-12-2019, 11:27 AM   #310
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Why is the VRSF intercooler so much cheaper than the others? It seems to have good reviews. Why would I want the Wagner EVO 2 Competition or Active Auto Works FMIC instead?
The simplest answer is the fact that we don't include an M-tax on our products. We offer a 5" Performance FMIC, a 6.5" Competition FMIC along with the best performing 6.5" Race FMIC which can support anywhere from 800 to 1000 WHP.

The benefit of offering 3 different intercoolers for this platform means you don't have to compromise by going too big or too small. We offer a solution for every customer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post
Would Wagner Competition 1 be overkill for a stock-tune daily driver that does 1-2 track days a year? The most I would go mod-wise is a catted DP so not sure if the VRSF 5" HD is enough. I feel CSF would be too big for my needs.
The VRSF 5" Stepped HD will outperform the Wagner Comp 1 and is generally recommended for customers interested in sticking with the OEM turbo. If you're looking to upgrade your turbo in the future, our 6.5" Competition will outperform any of the comparably sized options at a fraction of the price.
Appreciate 1
JTO245246.50