07-03-2018, 02:31 PM   #863
Ralph335
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335xi M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30inthe6ix View Post
I wish we could get him. He would only be a rental for us anyways...we don't have the cap space to afford the contract he will surely be receiving now that Doughty signed for 8 years / $88 million.

Also, the likelihood of Ottawa executing a trade like this with us is extremely low. It's like you guys trading with the Pens...but then again, they did take Phaneuf off our hands, so if I was Dubas I'd at least offer them a fleece deal and see if they bite

We'll need some guys to shore up our bottom six now that we've lost JVR, Bozak, Dominic Moore and Komorov to date, with only a single NHL-er (albeit a superstar) to show for it.
Even Karlsson for a year is worth it as a rental. Makes you an immediate Cup favorite. I understand the cap implications though.

There's other more affordable guys left like de Haan. He'd be a fine second pair guy.

Dubas isn't done. Traded Matt Martin to the Isles today. Got a goalie prospect for him. Little bit of cap savings ..... What's he gonna do with it?
Bring up some kids for the bottom 6. The Marlies just won the Calder... You have got to have some guys ready for a bigger role in the NHL.

Last edited by Ralph335; 07-03-2018 at 02:37 PM..
Appreciate 0