View Single Post
      05-19-2018, 10:31 PM   #97
boostspoon
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
Firstly, it's not about how difficult it's to remove a seat or other parts of the car. I just want to keep the two front seats along with the rest of the parts intact , period. This isn't goint to be a stripped out, dedicated track car for me. If I didn't need the extra space or the seats, I would have gotten a Corvette at a much better price/performance ratio.

I don't agree at all with what you are saying. The more we say "you can't feel the extra 150lbs" the more weight they will continue to add along with more power. Is this extra 150lbs all because of the S55? Why cannot they offer us a base M2C with none of fancy features/accessories and manual seats? (Just keep the price same and make everything a no cost option. Is this so difficult?) Why are we getting a US spec car which is 182lbs heavier than the EU spec? Anyways... Sorry but I cannot just say "oh BMW finally gave me S55 in a smaller car so I don't care if it weighs 150lbs more because I probably won't feel it".
Bro...yes 150 pounds is 150 pounds and rather than reducing weight, it added weight. You do know that the S55 with supporting equipment is probably your root cause. It’s not like they released a competition model with a N55 and added 150 pounds.

Back to your original claim that general M2C owners will buy all those carbon stuff to reduce 150 pounds. That’s laughable, get real.
Appreciate 1