Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemjinX2 View Post

your also over exaggerating the aluminum pipe heating the air. The air thats going to the charge pipe is already cooled by the intercooler and is traveling at a very high speed at a very short distance. i doubt the fact the charge pipe is metal will have much of a effect on intake temps...the intercooler would have most the influence on that.

I have vrsf aluminum charge pipe and csf intercooler and my intake temps are already 20 degrees cooler then stock and at a higher boost level.

I wish some vendor would just make a hinged plastic clamp that fits completley around the OEM charge pipe neck at the throttle body. It would support and strengthen the failure points and would be cheaper and easier to install plus it would be far better at dealing with heat soak and sealing for boost leaks.
Same here, I was waiting for the day a reputable company like maybe Dinan engineered a replacement pipe, that doesn't heat soak and also retains factory style O-ring throttle body lock flange, possibly, without the use of a silicone coupler.

However, when I inquired, I was informed they had no plans to design a replacement pipe and seeing that the N55 was discontinued with the 2018 M2, at this juncture, that's wishful thinking.
Appreciate 0