Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Stuck at 193lbs.

So, first time in a while I actually LIFTED at the gym last night. Made the switch from weight levels that allowed 10-12/set to 6-8/set. Don't think I've ever pulled that weight on cables before, and certainly never on the preacher bench. My shoulder just said "nope" to cable pull-down behind the head, so I kept it all in front.

Had to break the rule and get real coffee this morning.

Rmtt what did you look for in a masseuse to get that treatment? My current one does a fine job of just relaxing me, but she never really DIGS into my hamstrings like I want.

I look for a Chiropractor/Physical Therapist that primarily deals with sports injuries. They tend to be the ones most up to date on this kind of stuff. I'm telling you...look for someone that does muscle scraping and Graston...and they will tear your hamstrings apart!

The guy I use actually works out at my gym. But in the past, I have just looked online for a Deep Tissue Masseuse in the area. These are the ones that can really dig in there and break things up.

As much as I would prefer a woman to do all of that..most women I found don't have the strength to get deep enough into thickly muscled areas....so it usually ends up being a guy.

I have only found one woman who could almost make me cry...and it was an older Asian women that looked so frail, you would have never guessed she could do what she did. But she ended up retiring.