06-08-2019, 11:29 AM   #15
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Great info Nezil

Since you’re focused on the system running all the time I think you’ll definitely need the external tank vs the WW reservoir, as the WW reservoir isn’t that big.

Based on all the options you’ve seen out there, which setup would you go with just for IAT cooling?

I have access to good octane and I would only use the system at the track or highway pulls to keep IATs in check, so I think the setup and controls could be much simpler for those of us focused on just IATs.

Thanks.
I'm far from an expert ZM2, just trying not to spend twice. Honestly I'm pretty annoyed that this is necessary with CA Fuel and only really expect and hope for performance parity with European M2 drivers. With the world going towards smaller, forced induction engines, this CA fuel thing really should be addressed.

With that being said... The Aquamist system only starts injecting (by default) at 47% injector duty cycle, so it's not running all the time. You might be right that the WW reservoir is not going to work, which is why I'm ordering a trunk mount tank anyway. As far as I know though, the WW reservoir is more than a gallon, so pretty similar to a 5L trunk tank.

The main reason to go trunk tank, besides keeping the pump inside the passenger compartment, is it you want to run greater than 50% meth. Rubber seals, like those in the WW system, don't like methanol, especially high concentrations, whereas a trunk mount tank will have all methanol safe fittings.

If I was going for cooling IATs only, I'd inject as close to the FMIC outlet c as possible, and experiment with water only and a small jet first, and maybe go for a boost based control since that's where the heat comes from. The Aquamist system, by default, controls based on injector duty cycle only, but can be configured to control based on boost only or an adjustable combination.

Last edited by Nezil; 06-08-2019 at 11:35 AM..
Appreciate 1
ZM22810.50