View Single Post
      06-08-2019, 12:12 AM   #13
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by imolam3 View Post
You mentioned you look at the BMS kit, what about the Snow Performance kit?
I looked at the Snow Performance kit from the point of view of the stainless AN lines as I mentioned above. Here was my thoughts on those that I looked at, and by the way, I could be wrong about some of these conclusions. I made my decision and I'm happy with it, but don't mean to be disparaging about any other product.

One thing that appears to be well known, is that you can be pretty liberal with methanol mixture, partly because it's not as sensitive to AFR as gasoline, and partly because the DME will adjust regular fueling to achieve the desired AFR, so accurate metering may not be necessary...
  • Cooling Mist - Similar to BMS, with many shared components, website looks very old
  • Snow Performance - Somewhat confusing 'Stage' models make it unclear which would be appropriate for our vehicle. Control based on boost and fuel pressure
  • Devils Own - Again, confusing selection of products. Control based on boost only, or simply on throttle position
  • AEM - Simple (in a good way) system that works off of boost pressure only to control boost
  • Torqbyte - Great looking flexible controller, but not available as a 'kit' of parts tested to work together
Quote:
Can you post the part numbers and link you purchased from for us?
The Aquamist website is http://www.aquamist-direct.com/.

The part numbers for the items I referenced in my first post are as follows:
  • Full Kit - 806-065
  • 5L Baffled tank and bracket - 806-689
  • Remote Vent Kit - 806-694
  • Low Profile Compression Right Angle Jet Adapters - 806-388M
  • 1/8 BSP Swivel-able Compression Fittings - 806-399
  • 5mm Extended Jets (1.0mm) - 816-525C
  • 4mm PTFE Hose - 806-263

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 0