View Single Post
      06-07-2019, 12:02 PM   #6
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
You’re focused on IAT reduction and not fueling, correct?
Great question... No, I'm hoping for a combination of the two, but at least initially, I'm not planning to tune specifically for the additional meth.

When it comes to fueling, you can use meth for a) additional fuel volume (due to limited fuel supply from injectors or HPFP) and / or b) octane. My focus at this point is octane.

As we all know, the HPFP is limited in our application, but on a stock turbo, we're more octane than fuel volume limited. My HPFP is maxed out when I try to increase octane with E85 beyond about E20, though using E85 does work to prevent timing pull.

My hope is that I can use either the Stage 2 93 OTS map or Stage 2 91 OTS map with regular CA crappy 91 AKI pump gas and 50/50 WMI to raise the octane and reduce knock sensitivity (through cooling). Once installed we'll see if that's reasonable by checking logs.

I'm also going to be using two jets, one at the bottom of the charge pipe, with plenty of time for evaporation, which will more aid cooling, and one nearer to the throttle body which will more aid octane... in theory!
Quote:
What are your plans for controlling flow?
I'm going to be using the Aquamist HFS-4 controller which is different from most of the other controllers on the market in two ways:
  1. It determines WMI flow based on injector duty cycle and fuel rail pressure
  2. It controls WMI by (low speed) PWM and constant pump pressure
The WMI control is effectively linked to and controlled in a similarly progressive way to the fuel, which should, in theory, make the DME happier because the amount of WMI injected will be always proportional to fuel.

The only thing I don't like about the Aquamist system, and just about every other system out there, is the display / gauge, simply because it doesn't look OEM. I don't dislike the Aquamist gauge per se, I'd just rather not have to install a gauge at all.

The other system I did look into was the BMS, and I *LOVE* the OEM integration that converts the fuel gauge to a boost gauge and the cruise control indicator to a meth flow indicator. I'll make a different post about the reasons I didn't, but still may go BMS at some point...

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 1
ZM22810.50