02-04-2019, 12:58 AM   #51
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymondo1234 View Post
More ethanol has been tried, and as said anything over e30/e40 on an n55 does little. There is technical jargon out there explaining why on the n55 this is the case.

My MHD tunes have actually lowered the boost and applied more timing, and the car feels more linear.

I'm more concerned about the transfer case if I push it any further as this is unchartered territory on the xdrive, and as said it's my daily.

I will be doing 1/4 miles when the weather improves, and that's the only time I will use the e30 tune.
I see, but it seems by the dyno plots that the PS2 hasn't been maxed out yet. If anything over E40 doesn't do much it should mean you have enough octane to max PS2 out on E30, or you ran out of fuel to max it out. Otherwise adding more ethanol and expecting more power out of the car without pushing for it will not result in anything. In essence what I'm trying to say is were you pushing for more when you added the higher ethanol content?

Wow I didn't know it was an Xdrive lol, yeah you better becareful then. Maybe have a high boost map with Xdelete to convert it to RWD when you are pushing hard. Then have a low boost map with Xdrive back on for daily use. (Xdelete said they were covering the F series later this year)

The old technical documents I have read explaining that was preflash tuning and fuel upgrades, and the reason why going over E30 was bad is because it crashed the HPFP and made it misfire. I also have yet to see anyone max out PS2 on sub E50, maybe E45, without the help of meth injection.