View Single Post
      12-13-2019, 02:10 PM   #21
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Are you saying when you swapped the stop pedal back in, modulating the bite point became easier and the bite point window increased?
Yes that's exactly what I'm saying
Quote:
I do have to say that this is one of the most difficult manuals to drive smoothly during normal driving, especially when leaving in 1st and the executing the 1-2 shift. I really have to think about it to make things smooth. I've been driving manuals for decades too. I find the bite point window to be really narrow (maybe it's the UCP?) and it moves around a lot (the damn CDV).
The CDV makes a huge difference in my opinion. I think a lot of the problem also comes from the sharp ramp up in torque that isn't there with naturally aspirated cars that you're probably more used to. This doesn't make modulating the bite point more difficult, but it does make modulating the throttle without load (between shifts and when pulling away) more difficult.

I went 6MT, and there are days that I really enjoy shifting myself, but I have to think that the way engines behave these days, the torque multiplication benefit of a torque converter at launch, and the speed at which the ZF 8 speed shifts these days... A sports car with a ZF 8 really isn't such a bad thing.

Would I order my M2 with a DCT or the next M car with a ZF 8? Maybe, I'm not sure...

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 0