View Single Post
      12-13-2019, 02:05 PM   #20
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natek View Post
I have a question for everyone somewhat related to this... I am interested in getting the UCP but experience an issue with the stock pedal that I feel would only be exaggerated by installing the UCP. Basically, I installed the BMS clutch stop and found that when driving aggressively It would not allow for 100% clutch disengagement and I would grind gears(mostly 2nd, sometimes 3rd). I ended up removing all the spacers and only then could I shift without any grinding. Why this only seems to happen with my car and not many others running clutch stops is beyond me, but more importantly, can anyone comment on the ECP clutch stop thickness? I would hate to spend the cash and time/effort installing it just to have this issue rear its head again.
It sounds more to me that you might have air in the clutch hydraulics, causing the bite point to move down lower than it is on everyone else's cars.

I'd try bleeding it if I were you, but read up on the best way of doing that before you start, because though it's not hard at all, the reservoir is so tiny that it empties out in two pumps of the pedal and then you're introducing air again. Keep that reservoir section full!

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 0